Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Swagger Wagon

I hope you have seen the Toyota commercial "swagger wagon"; it's kind of poking fun (okay, it's really poking fun) at parents who do crazy stuff for their kids. It's really funny how much pride these people take in their Toyota minivans. Well, I joined the ranks of the minivan world. We were in need of a car recently with our little Honda on the fritz and much money needed for a repair. We started to pray that God would GIVE us a car. I received the best spiritual advice I have ever received from my mechanic when he said, "pray and make it known." So we floated prayer requests that we were in need of a car. Someone let us know about a vehicle that their father had, and it just happened to be a minivan. Not just any old minivan, it was a 1993 Chevy Lumina minivan! The car actually ran and had ONLY 80,000 miles on it. I went to see it and sign the papers, and WOW, talk about a "swagger wagon." It had door handles that didn't open, the seat belt was broken, the roof was falling, the paint is fading, etc etc. Oh, and did I mention that is looks like a spaceship out of the 1980's sci-fi era? But it ran and it was exactly what we had prayed for- an older family vehicle! God is good like that; he gives us what we need! Not more than that.

So I want to swagger in my wagon if I may. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "I will boast all the more in my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me" (2 Cor. 12:9). Another verse comes to mind: "Some boast in horses and some in chariots, but we will boast in the name of the Lord our God" (Ps. 20:7). So have a look at the pimpin' new swagger wagon I'm rollin in. I will boast in our God and His provision and be proud that my God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory. How about you?

If you're up for a big laugh, I attached the swagger wagon video. Have fun.

No comments: